The process of optimizing websites to rank highly in search engines is called SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Because of the vast information that the World Wide Web offers, it is necessary the use of search engines which give meaning to this information. Search engines perform three tasks:
- They search the World Wide Web using specific words or phrases.
- They index the results they find and their locations.
- They provide user access to this index and the ability to search it using combinations of words or phrases of their choosing.
Why Is Search Ranking So Important?
“93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.”
La Barbera, V. (2018). 8 SEO stats that are hard to ignore. Retrieved April 11, 2018, from imforza.com
These statistics support the value of SEO and refer to search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc., this means that for every 100 people who open a browser, the first thing 93 of them do is to go to one of these sites. Once there, they type what they’re looking for into a search bar and click the “search” button, and based on the search engine’s attempt to pair this person’s search request with the most relevant and helpful web pages; countless websites appear as results.
How Can I Get On The First Page Of Results?
You’re probably asking yourself, “How can I rank well for searches relevant to my product or service?” Or, “How can I get on the first page of results?”. There are countless strategies you can try to accomplish just that.
A Few SEO Best Strategies
- Make sure you have an easy to navigate and user-friendly website
- Create original content your audience finds useful
- Make sure that your site is mobile-friendly
- It is important to be descriptive in your titles according to your target locations; this will help you reach your target customers.
- Use keywords in your site copy that your customers might be searching for
- Share your content on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin, and with industry influencers
- Implement tools such as Google Analytics to help you track and manage your SEO progress
How SEO Impacts your Business
SEO is vital for getting your product or service found by your target audience on the World Wide Web. Your business won’t survive unless it is easily found through search engines. Besides, a comprehensive SEO strategy is the core of your marketing strategy. Without it, no one will learn about your business or find your content. It is essential for you to invest in SEO since it is an excellent opportunity for driving website traffic. If you aren’t investing in SEO, you’re leaving your most significant opportunity for increasing the number of searches on your website and as a consequence potentialize possible clients.